Re: Window Managers Key Combinations and Accelerators

On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 08:10 -0500, dhk wrote:

Two things I would like to do is override the default Tab key press
behavior and the Ctrl-Alt-Del behavior.

Tab is usually used by gtk+ (not the window manager) to move between
items e.g. in a dialogue box. Shift-tab does the same but in the
opposite direction.

Gnome-terminal overrides this, so you could look there.

Control-alt-del is interpreted (on Linux at least) by the X server,
depending on the value of the DontZap option in /etc/X11/xorg.conf,
and I think cannot easily be overridden by an application.

Liam