Re: scalable icons Windows

Anyway, good that you got it working. Could you come up with some
short but to-the-point Windows-specific instructions that could be
included in some README.Windows file in the biniary package? Thanks in
advance.

OK, it took me a good deal longer than the one day I promised, but
here it is. Feel free to revise to suit.

Matthew

README

To add svg icon support for Windows, follow these instructions:

1. Download the svg pixbuf loader. You can find it here:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/librsvg/

2. Download the dependencies:
libcroco: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/libcroco/
libgsf: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/libgsf/
libxml2: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies
bzip2: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies
zlib: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies

3. Unzip them to the appropriate location (eg, your main application directory)

4. Use gdk-query-pixbufloaders to re-create the gdk-pixbuf.loaders
file. It is highly recommended that you redirect the output of this
command to create the file rather than editing the file by hand. An
example command follows:

   gdk-query-pixbufloaders > ../etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders