RE: Regarding example code (was Why is ChangeValue reentrant)
- From: "Boggess Rod" <rboggess corefurnace com>
- To: "Jack" <ostroffjh sbcglobal net>
- Cc: GTK Devel <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: RE: Regarding example code (was Why is ChangeValue reentrant)
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:53:09 -0400
Sorry, I did post a small example that demonstrates the unusual (buggy?)
behavior in a follow-up post. The more I dug into it, the weirder it
became, and the more convinced I am that it's a bug in Gtk. Or at
least, a bug in the HPUX implementation of it. I'm waiting about a week
to see if I hear back from anyone on the list that they can reproduce
the problem in their environment.
In the example code, it came down to adding a
gtk_widget_set_size_request. If that line is in the code, then when you
gtk_dialog_run, it immediately re-executes the change-value signal
callback. Comment it out, recompile, and it works as you'd expect.
I continued to play with it a bit. I can make other calls besides
gtk_widget_set_size_request that will also make change-value reentrant,
but I couldn't see any clear pattern.
] [Thread Prev