-----Original Message-----
From: gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of
Michael Torrie
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 2:44 PM
To: Gtk app list
Subject: Re: Can't quite get my head around this, can anyone help?

Boggess Rod wrote:
I guess I wasn't clear.  The messagebox is working fine.
It returns
whether the user clicked Ok or Cancel.  I'm calling the
gtk_dialog_run(...) from within the callback of the
on_hscale_valuechanged(...) (or _changevalue) event
handler.  It's the
hscale's event handler that I can't get to work.

The valuechanged signal is only raised after the hscale
value has been
changed.  That's too late, because if the form contains unsaved
changes, clicking message box's cancel button should prevent the
hscale from changing on the parent form.

Interesting.  I have no idea what would work in this case.

I wonder if you could just punt and set the scale value back
to the original value that it had before the valuechanged
signal was emitted.
Would be a bit of a hacks since you'd have to keep track of
the value in an external variable.  But maybe a bit of visual
feedback (the scale moving and then going back) might be good
from a usability standpoint.