Re: Sensitive child in insensitive parent?

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 11:05 +0200, Christoph Schmeding wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for the answer.
Indeed this is a solution.

But imagine an application with lots of containers packed into one
another, and I want to have everything insensitive except one or two
little parts of it.
This means that I recursively have to loop through all levels of
containers and set them one by one to sensitive or insensitive respectively.
I was hoping Gtk could somehow do this for me! Isn't there a way?

If you set a container as insensitive, all it's children will be
insensitive, so you only have to go to another level if the container
contains an item you want to set sensitive.  Unfortunately, there is not
another way that I know of.  You might checkout
gtkaction/gtkactiongroup.  I've never messed with it, so I'm not sure
what it can do, but there is gtk_action_group_set_sensitive()

-Larry
<larry yrral net>