Re: Sensitive child in insensitive parent?

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 16:39 +0200, Christoph Schmeding wrote:
Hello,

I have a "child" widget, which is packed together with a lot of
"siblings" into a "parent" container.
Now I want to set the parent with all the siblings insensitive, but
keeping my "special child" sensitive.

Calling
gtk_widget_set_sensitive(parent, FALSE);
gtk_widget_set_sensitive(child, TRUE);
does not work. I have searched a bit, and it seems even wanted behaviour
that a child can only be sensitive if all its parents are sensitive, too.

Of course I can myself set each sibling insensitive, instead of the
parent. But this is quite annoying, especially if I want to do this in a
multi-level packaging, i.e. if the parent should be insensitive and only
a child of a child (of a child ...) should be sensitive.

Does anybody know how to do this easily?
look at gtk_container_get_children() and loop over the list

-Larry
<larry yrral net>