Re: Speeding Up libglade

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 1:07 AM, arne <arne pagel gmx de> wrote:
Hello, I am not sure if this solution will save time,
If I understood everything right, the xml-parser of libglade must parse in
both cases.

but isn't it possible to store the output of glade_xml_new() to a file and
just load it to memory at startup?

People have been known to write binary parsers
that replace libglade along with glade file converters
for that purpose, but first of all, why arent you using
GtkBuilder ?

GtkBuilder should by my rough estimate speed things
up by just a notch, its a one pass parser whereas libglade
was populating an internal database of structures and
then building objects in a second pass, using GtkBuilder
will also save you memory at startup (no extra local copy of
the strings in the interface) not to mention give you access
to liststores and actions and sizegroups etc.

Cheers,
          -Tristan