Re: g_spawn_* and Win32

But it doesn't work if
the process is a service (run through the SCM).

Well, that is certainly something which hasn't been tested at all, at
least not by me. I would say that if you are writing code to be used
as a Windows service, you presumably will have soem amount of
Windows-specifc code anyway in it, so just use Windows-specific
functions to create child processes and don't even try to do it
cross-platform.

That said, if it turns out that some simple fix might make it work
also for services, sure, such a fix could be applied.

I'm attaching the code I used to test this;

Apparently attachments are stripped by the mailing list  Please file a
bug instead (GLib, component win32).

--tml