Re: Disabling print range settings?

On Thu, 15 May 2008 09:23:18 -0400, Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net>
wrote:

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 14:33 +0200, Enrico TrÃger wrote:

is there any way to disable or overwrite the print range in
GtkPrintSettings?

The implementation of printing in my application currently doesn't
support a range of pages. So I'd like to disable the selection of
such or at least to overwrite the user's choice.

Wouldn't it be better to work on supporting a range of pages??

Sure would it be better but it would be also more time consuming...
the long term goal is of course to support ranges of pages but as long
as it isn't implemented printing with a given range ends in the amount
of pages the user specified but the actual content always starts at
page 1.

Easier said than done, I know, but still...  e.g. print to
/dev/null or a temporary file first, and notice where the
page breaks were...

I thought of something similar: in the begin-print handler, I call the
draw-page handler for all pages with a flag set to prevent actually
adding any contents to the layout except for the pages that are
desired. But it still needs to get done ;-).

Regards,
Enrico