Console window opening during system() call inside GTK User Interface

Hi all,

I am in the process of giving a GTK User Interface for a library that we
have developed for some purpose in core C.

At some point of time inside the UI, I have to get an exe file from the
user, and then invoke the system() call to run the exe as if it were run
from a shell ....The exe for that matter needs to print nothing on screen,
just generate some output written into some files.

When I invoke the system call from a call back function and run the exe in
windows, the problem is that another console window keeps opening
irrespective of whether the exe has something to print or not. Running the
exe is part of background operations for me, and so it is not a pleasant
sight to see these consoles opening and closing[and for a matter of fact,
I am going to run these exes many number of times, which means user will
be all the more perplexed to see console windows opening and closing and
opening and closing ...]

Is there any workaround for running the system() call in windows without
the console windows presence ?

Note that the input exe needs to print nothing at all on screen.

Vijayasarathy
Senior Research Associate
SETS

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
information. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other
person is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error please notify SETS immediately either by replying to this e-mail
or
by telephone on +91-44-28205655 and then delete this e-mail.
The sender does not accept any responsibility for any damage which
you sustain as a result of software viruses or malicious programs.
You should therefore scan attachments (if any) prior to opening them.

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.