Re: Whats the purpose of libegg

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 11:00 +0800, Bin Chen wrote:
Hello,

I searched the internet for libegg and found some tips but still can't
got whats libegg working for? Is it another useful widget lib?
After I check out the libegg and catch the README:

  - All features are intended to end up in a stable platform library
     when they're ready.

Whats the meaning?

libegg is a "staging area" for testing functionality meant to land into
any of the platform libraries; it was mainly useful when GNOME used CVS
(which made branching a lot more complicated). nowadays I'd go with
branching the target library/libraries and then merge back the changes
when needed; or use a secondary repository (like git-svn) which works
locally and retains the whole history as well.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,