Re: Whats the purpose of libegg

On 06/01/2008, Bin Chen <binary chen gmail com> wrote:
I searched the internet for libegg and found some tips but still can't
got whats libegg working for? Is it another useful widget lib?
After I check out the libegg and catch the README:

  - All features are intended to end up in a stable platform library
     when they're ready.

Whats the meaning?

My understanding is that libegg is for code that is useful enough to
be shared, but experimental enough to exclude it from a package like
GTK or GLib that promises API stability.  Eventually, as consensus
forms about its design and implementation, the code gets migrated to
the appropriate package, but in the meantime, you just copy and paste
libegg code into your source.