Re: question on using GtkCellRendererProgress

Mike Massonnet wrote:
| On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 10:27:03PM +0800, Gregory Hosler wrote:
|>
|> Mike Massonnet wrote:

But I

|> |
|> | Progress bars have two properties: value and text.  value should be of
|> | G_TYPE_INT, while text is STRING and can print text onto the progress
|> | bar.
|> |
|> | You can then set the values with:
|> | gtk_list_store_set (..., COLUMN_PERCENT, new_value, COLUMN_TEXT, new_text);
|>
|> confusion again... :( COLUMN_PERCENT, and COLUMN_TEXT -- would these be the same column or
|> different columns. The progress bar is only 1 column, as I understand.
|
| There can be several columns just for a single cell renderer.
| Those are the column numbers, I use the next enum for a gtk list store:
|
|> With your above example, what would my gtk_list_store_new() look like ? 2 columns for the
|> progress bar ?
|>
|> any code snippets for the column(s) creation ?
|>
|> (or code / projects that you know use this ? (I can look it up if I know the project... :)
|>
|> I looked at Pidghin, but they created their own custom cell render class. I really prefer
|> not to do that. :(
|
| enum
| {
|   COLUMN_VALUE,
|   COLUMN_TEXT,
|   N_COLUMNS,
| };
|
| store = gtk_list_store_new (N_COLUMNS,
|                             G_TYPE_INT,
|                             G_TYPE_STRING);
|
| cell = gtk_cell_renderer_progress_new ();
| gtk_tree_view_insert_column_with_attributes (GTK_TREE_VIEW (treeview),
|                                              -1, "progress", cell,
|                                              "value", COLUMN_VALUE,
|                                              "text", COLUMN_TEXT,
|                                              NULL);

Ahh. This was the part I was missing.

| GtkTreeIter iter;
| gtk_list_store_append (store, &iter);
| gtk_list_store_set (store, &iter,
|                     COLUMN_VALUE, 40,
|                     COLUMN_TEXT, "blah", /* see
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/unstable/GtkCellRendererProgress.html#GtkCellRendererProgress--text
*/
|                     -1);

And thanks for the reference above!

best rgds,

- -Greg

| Voilà, something that uses these function.
|
|> thx, and best rgds,
|>
|> - -Greg
|
| mike

- --

Please also check the log file at "/dev/null" for additional information.
                (from /var/log/Xorg.setup.log)

| Greg Hosler                                   ghosler redhat com    |