the problem is when the popup has not the focus and I want to set the
focus when the user uses the mouse by clicking into the window.

Thanks again

El Wed, 31 Dec 2008 08:15:13 -0600
Michael Cronenworth <mike cchtml com> escribiÃ:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Window events problems
From: Perriman <chuchiperriman gmail com>
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Date: 12/30/2008 07:21 PM

Can you help me?

I found that in order to properly attach to "key-press-event" or
"button-press-event" in a GTK_WINDOW_POPUP type window I have to
attach focus to the window with a handful of function calls...

     gtk_window_present( GTK_WINDOW( popupWindow ) );
     gtk_widget_grab_focus( popupWindow );
     gtk_grab_add( popupWindow );
     gtk_widget_grab_focus( widget );

Then I can catch key and button presses inside the window. Otherwise
it still thinks the GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL has focus and receives
keys/buttons.