Re: Emitting events to a non-visible widget

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Sure, lets start with why do you want to send an event to an invisible widget
in the first place ? I'm sure we can figure something more appropriate than
creating an invisible button...

In WebKit's[1] test cases, some tests require a button click or a key
press to be generated at a specific location. Test cases are however
loaded one by one and tested in a WebKitWebView, which is essentially a
GtkWidget that never gets shown when running the tests.

While this could probably be bypassed with some hacking in the WebKit
engine itself, it would be nice to do it through Gtk so a
real-environment imitation could be done, if possible.

Tristan, sorry for doubled reply, forgot to fill the Cc: field the first time.

[1] http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingGtk