Re: Emitting events to a non-visible widget

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Zan Dobersek <zandobersek gmail com> wrote:
Is there any way to emit events to a non-visible GtkWidget? By non-visible,
I'm thinking of a GtkWidget that never gets shown, i.e. gtk_widget_show_all
or similar never gets called on this widget.

Just to clarify on the events - I'd like to emit button, emotion and key
events.
As far as I've tried, I saw that the problem occurs because no useful x_root
or y_root can actually be set to event, when specifically talking about a
GdkEventButton event. I also fairly doubt about widget's window validity
when that widget is not visible, since a window needs to be set in a
GdkEvent.

Can anyone suggest a solution or an effective bypass? I thank you sincerely.

Sure, lets start with why do you want to send an event to an invisible widget
in the first place ? I'm sure we can figure something more appropriate than
creating an invisible button...

Cheers,
              -Tristan