Gtkmm Printing in Ubuntu 7.10

Hi,

As covered in some earlier posts, Murry helped point me to the bug report on
Ubuntu 7.10 that showed that gtk+ printing just didn't work there.  I've
upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04 (beta), and Printing now works great for me (yay!).
BUT I'd like to distribute this app to users who are still on Ubuntu 7.10.
Is there a recommended way to solve this?  (Other than, of course, having
the Ubuntu folks upgrade gtk+ so that it's just fixed).

BTW Using the Gtkmm::PrintOperation was an absolute pleasure once I upgraded
to 8.04.  It's a nicely designed bunch of code *grin* .