Re: Gtkmm Printing in Ubuntu 7.10

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 08:15 -0700, Garth's KidStuff wrote:
Hi,

As covered in some earlier posts, Murry helped point me to the bug report on
Ubuntu 7.10 that showed that gtk+ printing just didn't work there.

Specifically, there is a problem with the printing API when used from
gtkmm (not with GTK+ printing in general) and Ubuntu need to take the
upstream fix.

  I've
upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04 (beta), and Printing now works great for me (yay!).
BUT I'd like to distribute this app to users who are still on Ubuntu 7.10.
Is there a recommended way to solve this?  (Other than, of course, having
the Ubuntu folks upgrade gtk+

gtkmm

 so that it's just fixed).

BTW Using the Gtkmm::PrintOperation was an absolute pleasure once I upgraded
to 8.04.  It's a nicely designed bunch of code *grin* .

You can always use the C API together with gtkmm, by using the gobj()
and Glib::wrap() functions.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com