Re: GtkTreeModelFilter and GtkTreeSortable

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 11:49:50PM -0300, Mat??as Alejandro Torres wrote:
Is someone implementing this interface in the GtkTreeModelFilter? I've
checked in Gtk 2.12 docs and I THINK this isn't implemented yet. If
somemone can confirm this, I would appreciate it.

The GtkTreeModelFilter is not supposed to have the GtkTreeSortable
interface implemented, it is just there to do filtering not to do
sorting.  Sorting is handled by GtkTreeModelSort.  Wrapping a
GtkTreeModelFilter in a GtkTreeModelSort as has been suggested on the
list already is the preferred and a common solution.

[Theoretically it is possible to have GtkTreeModelFilter implement the
GtkTreeSortable interface, but this would both render GtkTreeModelSort
(which is pretty lean compared to GtkTreeModelFilter) obsolete and make
GtkTreeModelFilter even more obscure and harder to maintain and use.]

regards,

-kris.