Re: Don't understand valgrind output

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 08:15 +1000, Michael Lamothe wrote:
Thanks, once again, for your answer.  gxine doesn't lock up but I
think that I've found the issue, well at least stopped the freezes.
It seems that I have to handle the expose event and pass it onto
libxine.  I thought that the expose event was just supposed to inform
the window that it needed redrawing and wouldn't cause other freezing
issues if not handled.  Not sure why this happens but I hope this
helps someone someday.

No, the expose event handler normally does the redrawing.  If libxine
does the drawing then you will need to hand the event on.

Although not relevant for your case, you may have been thinking of
gdk_window_invalidate_rect()/gdk_window_invalidate_region()/
gtk_widget_queue_draw()/gtk_widget_queue_draw_area(), which you can use
to inform a GdkWindow/GtkWidget object that it needs to redraw (that is,
to trigger an expose event in order to run its handler).

Chris