Re: C vs C++ for GTK

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:12:17 -0800 (PST)
JAMES SCOTT <skoona verizon net> wrote:

When I have to write in C, Glib is a godsend.

Yes! When I came back to C from C++ (I had done a large project for which C++ was ideally suited, but I like
C much better) the thing I missed most was the STL. I was happy to discover GLib.

And GObject really taught me about the nuts and bolts behind OO programming, but if I again had a project
that screamed for OO, I'd use C++ again. Implementing OO in C is just too tiresome.

--D.