From: Daniel Atallah [mailto:daniel atallah gmail com]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 0432 AM
To: Karl Reis
Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: FW: compiling gtk-engines under mingw

On Nov 8, 2007 11:51 PM, Karl Reis <kreight1-msu yahoo com> wrote:

Has anyone been able to successfully compile and create libmist.dll,
libclearlooks.dll under windows?

Coincidentally, I built the gtk-engines-2-12 branch yesterday, so I
know it is possible to do.

Libtool generates warnings saying that the shared libraries for gtk,
pango,
etc.. are not found.  Indeed, there are only static libraries.

So, upon compiling gtk-engines successfully (which I'm able to do), I
only
end up with libmist.la, etc. and not the corresponding dlls.

As a result of this, whenever I download a new theme with a gtkrc file
that
references engine "mist" for example, I get a GTK warning to the effect
that
the module was not found.  I assume it means libmist.dll is not found.

<snip />
It looks like Tor has already addressed the likely reasons for the
issues you're having.

Another approach might be if anyone knows of precompiled versions of
these
files for windows?  I couldn't find them at the ftp site.

I can make my binaries available if you'd like.

-D