Re: Shared or dynamic?!

I have only just started with libraries myself, but the best I can
explain it to you is this:

      * Static libraries are hardly different then .o files, except
        rather then a .o file for each of your source files there is
        only one, the library.
      * Dynamic Libraries is any code that must be loaded before the
        application starts, eg. libc, gtk... This is the type of library
        you should use 80% of the time.
      * For the rest you have loadable libraries, basically plugins,
        flash is a plugin for example.

A quick google search got me this page;

http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LibraryArchives-StaticAndDynamic.html

It appears to have everything you need.