Re: GtkScrolledWindow in a dialog

On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 22:13 +0200, Gabriel Schulhof wrote:
My attempt at answering this question has resulted in a rather clumsy hack
(attached). Please let me know if there's a better way.

TIA for your help!

I'd probably attempt something rather similar to what you've done,
except maybe just set up a size request that is some fixed pixel max
width --- that's what we've done to set up a dialog with a treeview
nicely-ish.

You could probably clean it up a bit by hooking in to the size-request
signal of either the viewport or table widgets.  It's a run-first
signal, so the table will have filled in its request before you get the
signal.  You could then inspect the request and, if it's too wide, cut
it down.  Now that I've thought of this, I should go try to do it in our
dialog...

If there's a better solution, though, I'd also be very interested to
hear it.

- Michael

--
Michael Ekstrand
Research Assistant, Scalable Computing Laboratory