Re: new to gtk, how can I limit widgets?

On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 17:12 -0700, ian baber wrote:
I'm working on a project using the GTK2 perl package, and I need a
way to set absolute limits on a container widget.  The program needs
to be able to divide up the screen using several containers, and then
hand each of those off to a plugin.  The problem is that I want the
containers to ALWAYS remain the same size, regardless of how much or
how little the plugin puts in it.  If the children widgets won't fit,
they should be truncated/cut off at the edge.

I would look at GtkSizeGroup, and see if it meets your needs.  It
provides a way to force several widgets to all request the same size
(the size of the largest of them is requested by all).

- Michael

--
Michael Ekstrand
Research Assistant, Scalable Computing Laboratory