Dialog closing prematurely with response code of 0

I have a GtkDialog(first) which has a button on it that launches another
GtkDialog (second).  If I press either the Ok or the Cancel button on the
second Dialog it causes both dialogs to close with the gtk_dialog_run for
the first dialog returning back a code of 0 (which shouldn't be possible).
The button that I pressed on the first dialog does not have code to close
the dialog.

Load Button on Dialog 1 Pressed -> Launches Dialog 2
Ok Button on Dialog 2 Pressed -> Both Dialog 1 and Dialog 2 close.

Why is the fisrt dialog closing when the second dialog is closed?

Thanks,

Kevin