gthread vs pthread

Hi,

I've got a gtk+ application that needs a few threads put in it, to open up some
bottlenecks.

My question is whether I should go pthreads, or gthreads.

I've played a bit with pthreads, so I have some familiarity with it. I'm wondering:

        - whether pthreads and gthreads can co-exist in the same application

        - is there any benefit of one vs the other ? (no flames, just
          looking for information here...)

        - are there any known issues with pthreads in a gtk+ application?

thoughts, comments, pointers on the above appreciated.

-Greg

Please also check the log file at "/dev/null" for additional information.
                (from /var/log/Xorg.setup.log)

| Greg Hosler                                   ghosler redhat com    |