Re: gthread vs pthread

On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 21:20 +0800, Gregory Hosler wrote:
Hi,

I've got a gtk+ application that needs a few threads put in it, to open up some
bottlenecks.

My question is whether I should go pthreads, or gthreads.

I've played a bit with pthreads, so I have some familiarity with it. I'm wondering:

      - whether pthreads and gthreads can co-exist in the same application

      - is there any benefit of one vs the other ? (no flames, just
        looking for information here...)

      - are there any known issues with pthreads in a gtk+ application?

thoughts, comments, pointers on the above appreciated.

Just use GThread, it uses pthread internally and is used throughout the
gtk+ code itself, the worst mistake you could make here I suppose
is to just go pthreading away and expect gtk+ to know whats going on.

Cheers,
                -Tristan