Re: Running external program inside a widget

Hi,
I believe you cant embed anythoing that wasn't designed for a plug (or can
be modified for it)
this might be useful though:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/embedding/

Jonathan

On 7/13/07, omar crea jusan it <omar crea jusan it> wrote:

Thanks a lot Kumar!
It seems not quite simple, also because I haven't the browser source, but
I'll
try with another browser.

Quoting Kumar Siddharth <kumarsiddharth tataelxsi co in>:

> Hi,
>
> You can place the call in any appropriate event handler. Also, you will
have
> to create a socket in your GTK program. Now in your browser app, you
need
> modification so that you can create a plug and attach it to the socket
> created in GTK App. Now the browser (May be its rendering area widget)
> should be attached to this plug, and should not be as main window.
Meaning
> you need source for browser or may be a method so that the browser
output is
> redirected to GtkDrawingArea (which can be connected to plug).
>
> Regards,
> Siddharth
> TATA Elxsi, India

GtkDrawingArea(),