Re: gdk_window_at_pointer and foreign windows

No.

How big a problem is this?  What are you actually trying to do here?

Ed

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reply. I was helping someone look at a problem they
were having with embedding a native application in the Eclipse
framework on Linux/GTK. It works fine for the most part (using
GtkSocket to reparent native application windows to the SWT control
for the view), there's just a minor problem where dragging views over
the native application view behaves as if you were dragging views
outside the Eclipse window. I traced it down to the
OS.gdk_window_at_pointer call returning 0 rather than the window
handle when the mouse is over the native application view.

Have you tried reading the source?  Look in gdk/x11/gdkwindow-x11.c.

I looked at gdkdisplay.c, haven't looked in gdkwindow-x11.c though,
thanks for the pointer.

-Kevin