- From: rk-list koebler com
- To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: gtk-charset questions
- Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 13:31:16 +0100
I've got a few questions about which charset gtk uses.
i.e. string = entry.get_text() returns a string, and I would like
to know the charset of the string:
- which charset does "string" use?
is this locale-dependent?
does it also depend on something else?
- is this the same in C/gtk and python/pygtk?
- I've tested this with pygtk, and I always got UTF-8-encoded
strings, no matter what locale I used (I tested: LANG=C,
LANG=de_DE.iso88591 and LANG=en_US.utf8).
can I rely on this? so does get_text() in pygtk always
unfortunately I didn't find anything about this in the documentation,
so I hope you can help me.
] [Thread Prev