Re: color of vscrollbar

On 8/8/07, David Nečas (Yeti) <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 12:24:11PM +0200, Jonathan Winterflood wrote:
Fair enough, but for work-related stuff, we should (and should be able
to) use the work adress, it's much easier than having to check 2 email
adresses, one of which would probably have to be a webmail.
And quite frankly, how hard is it to just ignore the message, knowing
that
you're on a public list?

I personally subscribe to 2 lists for personal use w/ my gmail @, and 3
work-related with my corporate @
On the work-related one, many ppl have these messages appended, but no
one
really minds.

Hereby I inform you I do really mind.

Actually, rejecting all messages with this confidental
bullshit is a perfectly legally safe thing to do and mailing
list software should do it automatically.

Yes, the goal is really to cause negative effect to those
companies in the long term, by reducing employee
productivity or other means.  I am even thinking about
reporting all e-mail with this confidental bullshit (which
is usually significantly longer than the message itself)
as spam.

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/

I meant, 'no one really seems to mind', and I was talking about other lists,
ones I use for work-related things.

Maybe we should try and find out whether many people here are strongly
annoyed by these messages and in that case make it list
policy (or at least Good Practice) that any post sent to it should not have
this message.

Then one might have more leverage on the companies to allow a 'public' flag
be set on the outgoing emails, to disable the message. Or use a different
email address.

Regards,
Jonathan