runtime version symbols (was Re: gdkpixbuf-animation: how to play without looping)

tomas tuxteam de ha scritto:

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 06:45:22PM +0200, Francesco Montorsi wrote:
Hi,
I need to play a GdkPixbufAnimation without looping it. I.e. after the last frame is displayed, I do *not* want to display the first frame again...

I don't know (at compile-time) which animation my program will need to play so I don't know its frame count and GdkPixbufAnimation won't let me know that.

How can I do ?

AFAIK, the animated image itself contains the intended delays for each
frame (but I'm no expert here, so take with a pound of salt).
yes, right. However GdkPixbufAnimation and its iter_advance() function will automatically restart the animation when the delay of the last frame has elapsed... that is, there's no way to avoid looping it currently.

On the
other hand, some query functions into the structure of the animation
would be nice here.
right. I submitted a patch which adds _get_frame_count and _get_current_frame functions to GdkPixbufAnimation.

However, I've now another small conceptual problem now: consider the following code:

        printf("compiled against gdk-pixbuf %s\n", GDK_PIXBUF_VERSION);
        printf("linked against gdk-pixbuf %s\n\n", gdk_pixbuf_version);

if I dynamically link my program on my linux which has e.g. gdk-pixbuf version 2.10.3 installed, and then run that binary on another linux which has gdk-pixbuf 2.8 installed, will I get

compiled against gdk-pixbuf 2.10.3
linked against gdk-pixbuf 2.8.0

or rather:

compiled against gdk-pixbuf 2.10.3
linked against gdk-pixbuf 2.10.3

?

I think the first: i.e. gdk_pixbuf_version contains the version of the dynamically loaded library, but I just want to be sure...

Thanks,
Francesco Montorsi

Chiacchiera con i tuoi amici in tempo reale! http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/*http://it.messenger.yahoo.com