gtk_notebook_set_current_page and the switch-page signal

Hi all,

I'd like to know how to change the currently selected page in a GtkNotebook *without* generating a switch-page signal.

My switch-page handler in fact performs some code which should be executed only on user-actions, not on selection changes by GTK.

Thanks!
Francesco

PS: is there a convention/rule in GTK+ about signals generated by the user vs signals generated programmatically calling functions?
I.e. which functions generate events and which not ?

Chiacchiera con i tuoi amici in tempo reale! http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/*http://it.messenger.yahoo.com