Adding a child widget to a custom widget

  Hi

  I'm creating a widget, a plotting widget, and I have done a scale widget too. So, I want that the plotting
widget has a child, the scale widget, to be it's axis.
  So, I fill the "allocation" structure of the scale widget to the position I want, and then I call
gtk_widget_set_parent           (scale, plot). But It doesn't works, the expose function of the scale widget
is never called (neither the realize, configure.. and the others I think).

I don't know if it's the right procedure to add a child widget..

If someone could help me, I would be glad.

OBS: It's not only for the plotting widget, I want to use it in a lot of more widgets.

Thanks.

Alexandre Pereira Bueno

 Yahoo! Search
 Música para ver e ouvir: You're Beautiful, do James Blunt