Re: Catch a global keypress event

On 10/31/06, Ian Hummel <ian themodernlife net> wrote:
I have looked all over and can't figure out how to register a global
shortcut key combination for my app.  Something like CTRL+~ should bring
up a dialog box, in front of all other windows, sort of like the ALT-Tab
window.

any suggestions on where to look?

1. GtkBindingSet - can be used to fire a signal from any object of given class.
2. GtkAccelGroup - can bind specific key combination to fire a signal
from given object.
3. "key-press-event" signals from GtkWidget, use main application
window to get all key events.
4. Key snooper.

I've attached the sample for 2) and 3).

 Olexiy