Re: No dynamic libs of glib

On 10/24/2006 7:02 AM, Laurent ISENEGGER wrote:
I'm not using uLinux. It s a Linux kernel 2.6.10. On top of that my
ARM platform already uses shared libraries. I think that the problem
may come from the libtool i m using. Mine is 1.5.6, and the newest
release 1.5.22. During the configure it s indicated that it doesn't
support shared libraries, but in reality it should. any ideas about
the origin of this problem ?

Not really, but if you suspect it's a libtool problem, can you try
updating to 1.5.22?

You could also look at config.log and find where the check for shared
library support is, and see if there are any clues in the output.

        -brian

thanks in advance

laurent

"Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 cornell edu> a écrit : Laurent ISENEGGER
wrote:

I'm new in this list so i hope i'm not mistaken if i post my
question here.

I'm not sure that glib has its own list, so I guess here is good.

I'm currently trying to integrate the GLIB 2.12.4 on a platform
based on ARM. I m cross compiling with a fedora 3 distribution on
an i386 architecture. When i type the configure, i added the cache
file necessary to cross compile the GLIB for my architecture. The
configure works fine, make and make install too, but finally only
the static libraries .a and .la have been built properly.

In the config.log, it seems that the libtool generated  and g++
linker used don't support shared libraries. However, the same
linker is used for gcc  and supports  shared libraries. Any ideas
about how to solve this issue or to disable the need of C++ for
building glib ?

Are you using ucLinux?  Last I checked, shared libraries weren't
supported there on ARM.  (Not sure what g++ has to do with this; glib
is written entirely in C.)