Re: No dynamic libs of glib

I'm not using uLinux. It s a Linux kernel 2.6.10. On top of that my ARM platform already uses shared
libraries. I think that the problem may come from the libtool i m using. Mine is 1.5.6, and the newest
release 1.5.22. During the configure it s indicated that it doesn't support shared libraries, but in reality
it should. any ideas about the origin of this problem ?

thanks in advance

laurent

"Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 cornell edu> a écrit : Laurent ISENEGGER wrote:

I'm new in this list so i hope i'm not mistaken if i post my question
here.

I'm not sure that glib has its own list, so I guess here is good.

I'm currently trying to integrate the GLIB 2.12.4 on a platform based
on ARM. I m cross compiling with a fedora 3 distribution on an i386
architecture. When i type the configure, i added the cache file
necessary to cross compile the GLIB for my architecture. The
configure works fine, make and make install too, but finally only the
static libraries .a and .la have been built properly.

In the config.log, it seems that the libtool generated  and g++
linker used don't support shared libraries. However, the same linker
is used for gcc  and supports  shared libraries. Any ideas about how
to solve this issue or to disable the need of C++ for building glib ?

Are you using ucLinux?  Last I checked, shared libraries weren't
supported there on ARM.  (Not sure what g++ has to do with this; glib is
written entirely in C.)