Gtkclipboard and gtk_clipboard_store

I'm trying to use Gtkclipboard, but run into problems. I can't maintain the
data in the clipboard once I close my program, even if I use
gtk_clipboard_store function.

This is my code. It's the handler of a pop-up menu that allows to copy the
selected text item of a treeview.

gboolean on_copy_to_clipboard(GtkWidget *widget, gpointer data) {
        GtkWidget *clipboard;
        char *selected_anagram = (char *) data;

        clipboard = (GtkWidget *) gtk_clipboard_get(GDK_SELECTION_CLIPBOARD);
        gtk_clipboard_set_text(GTK_CLIPBOARD(clipboard), selected_anagram, -1);
        gtk_clipboard_store(GTK_CLIPBOARD(clipboard));
        return TRUE;
}

Thank you for any help