Re: static linking on mingw/msys

On 10/14/06, Michael Torrie <torriem chem byu edu> wrote:

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 21:10 +0200, Martin Schmeisser wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> i tried to compile a rather simple Gtkmm app with static linking for
Windows
> platforms (compiling on a win box too). I used Mingw/Msys and the
> gtkmm-devel and gtk-devel installers from the net.
> I can compile my app with dynamic linking without any errors :

Gtk+ cannot be statically linked on Windows.

Hehe, darn, thats why.  So is there a way to find out what dlls it linked
againts? I dont want my dad to intall the gtk runtime on about 20 boxes he
is going to use this app on, so maybe i can just put the dlls in the same
folder as the binary?

thanks again, Martin