Re: static linking on mingw/msys

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 21:10 +0200, Martin Schmeisser wrote:
Hi List,

i tried to compile a rather simple Gtkmm app with static linking for Windows
platforms (compiling on a win box too). I used Mingw/Msys and the
gtkmm-devel and gtk-devel installers from the net.
I can compile my app with dynamic linking without any errors :

Gtk+ cannot be statically linked on Windows.

$ g++ polarizer.cpp -o polarizer `pkg-config --libs --cflags gtkmm-2.4plotmm`
$

but when i add the -static option i get tons of undefined Symbols from the
linker. Do i have to install something special to be able to link gtk
statically? I have seen people on the net using --disable-dynamic
--enable-static then building gtk...do i have to do that?

thanks for any help, martin