GtkTable in a GtkScrolledWindow: size question

Dear friends,

A certain function receives a GtkScrolledWindow* as argument, and builds a two-columns GtkTable filled with widgets. The table is added with a viewport to the GtkScrolledWindow. The scrolled window has policies "GTK_POLICY_NEVER" for the horizontal scrollbar and "GTK_POLICY_AUTOMATIC" for the vertical scrollbar.

Packing to the table is OK, the widgets are packed in GtkAlignments and those are packed in the table. But I get a problem somewhere in the packing of the table itself to the viewport -- the table seems to be larger in width than the viewport, and the widgets placed at the right column are not completely shown (i.e., their right sides are "hidden behind" the scrolledwindow). I would suppose that the table would be resized to fit the viewport and the viewport would have the exact width of the "viewable" portion of the GtkScrolledWindow, but it is not happening this way.

I tried to find out a way of discovering the exact size of this viewable portion of the GtkScrollWindow, then resizing down the viewport and the table; but I really had no success. Also, I can not set a fixed width for the created table, because this function is made for creating such table for more than one scrolledwindow (and those have different sizes).

So please, would you know how to have the table and viewport width properly set for the GtkScrolledWindow?

Thanks!

Fabricio Rocha
Brasilia, Brasil
The RADiola Project