Re: Glade GUI: changing mechanism

Stephen Watson wrote:

"Olexiy Avramchenko" <aolexiy gmail com> 31/Oct/2006 12:58:37 >>>
On 10/31/06, Johan Kohler <johan kohler gmail com> wrote:
Isn't it possible to "inline" the .glade file in the compiled code?
Ie. Instead of reading from a  text file, it reads from a declared
constant.  I think that one can inline pixmaps in this way using GTK.
Sure, it's possible to embed xml into executable and load it with
glade_xml_new_from_buffer(). This is a good way for the people who
afraid someone will change their UI appearance.

I find glade_xml_new_from_buffer() crashes when it tries to
load a non-stock image.  Is this a known bug?
I dont see it here
  http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?query=product%3Alibglade
So it would be nice if you could report it with a stack trace.

Normally the problem along these lines is "Error loading image: %s"
from libglade when the filename is not an absolute path or is not
present in the directory that the glade file was parsed from, seeing as
the glade file has no filename or directory, that logic must be somewhat
broken, but I wouldnt expect it to crash.

Cheers & thanks,
                                              -Tristan