help with window widgets

Hi,
I'm just starting with GTK+ programming...(linux)
I hope someone could help me with this.
I'm writing a code that should allow me to read a list of int(one at the
time) from a STDIN into my GTK program. The reading is fine but I am trying
to output those numbers into a window. I can ouput the first number but I
can't refresh and ouput the second number or the rest of the numbers.
I'm doing something like this, and the windows only shows the first number.
Please help...

//widgets initializations

while( read(0,&x,strln(x))
{