General question about inheritance of properties in GTK
- From: "Clarity ThroughConfusion" <claritythroughconfusion hotmail co uk>
- To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: General question about inheritance of properties in GTK
- Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 02:41:22 +0000
I am planning on creating some custom widgets that have some additional
functionality over standard GTK widgets.
As these widgets are very close to the GTK standard widgets, I am planning
on deriving the custom widget from a GTK standard widget and hopefully avoid
reimplementing the common functionality.
However, I am having problems understanding the inheritance of properties,
could anyone help me understand the following:
1. How can I reuse the parent widgets properties along with my new
properties I have created using g_object_class_install_property?
2. Are the parents properties inherited and set by default in the child?
3. Do I need to have case statements for each parent property (in addition
to my new ones) in set_property() function?
I have looked through the developer.gnome.org ebooks and done a google, but
can not find any helpful info.
Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!
] [Thread Prev