General question about inheritance of properties in GTK

Hi,

I am planning on creating some custom widgets that have some additional functionality over standard GTK widgets. As these widgets are very close to the GTK standard widgets, I am planning on deriving the custom widget from a GTK standard widget and hopefully avoid reimplementing the common functionality.

However, I am having problems understanding the inheritance of properties, could anyone help me understand the following:

1. How can I reuse the parent widgets properties along with my new properties I have created using g_object_class_install_property?

2. Are the parents properties inherited and set by default in the child?

3. Do I need to have case statements for each parent property (in addition to my new ones) in set_property() function?

I have looked through the developer.gnome.org ebooks and done a google, but can not find any helpful info.

Regards

Clarity

Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb