Beginner's question: About dialog

Hi guys and gals,

I have recently started to learn GTK and haven't been able to find answers to some simple questions in the
online docs or by Googling, I hope someone has the patience to bear with me...

I am trying to create an 'about' dialog, but there seems to be some problem with my code. For instance, I
cannot set the size of the dialog and I cannot get the information such as version name to appear (when I try
to set the property "version" as in the online docs

the GUI shows the word "version" instead of "0.1". I also get the warning

(bspc:4891): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_set_valist: object class `GtkAboutDialog' has no property
named `\x81\xc3Zh\u0001'

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me to some example code to help me along my learning
curve :-}

Thanks a lot Peter

my code (this gets called when the user clicks on the help/about menu):

gint create_about_box (void) {
  GtkWidget *aboutdialog;
        const gchar *title ="BSPC";
        const gchar *version = "0.1";
        const char *website ="";;

        gint height = 300;
        gint width  = 400;

        aboutdialog = gtk_about_dialog_new();
        gtk_about_dialog_set_authors (aboutdialog, authors);

        gtk_show_about_dialog (aboutdialog,"version");
  return 1;