Program to Record Multiple Sound Input

I wonder if you can help me find a program that may be suitable for what
I need.  I'm hoping that there is already a GTK/GNOME based program out
there that does what I want.

I need to record all sound from 4 local weather radio stations for one
year.  I will need to purchase a sound card with 4 input lines (or 4
sound cards to get those 4 input lines) and then set things up to record
in 5 or 10 minute chuncks all the sound that goes into those lines.

I seem to recall that there is a command line program that will record
everything from a line-in ... but I cannot remember the name of that
program.

Any leads would be appreciated ;-)

-- Tony