Re: GTK file open dialog usability...

I personally like it very much:  it's very keyboard friendly.  Some
people will find it a little disturbing that there's no visible direct
textbox to type in, and i would agree.  Not a problem for newbies who
only use the mouse to select anyway, but a little frustrating for
people who wish to use the keyboard but don't know GTK.

Like the other guy, i wasn't able to reproduce it in Ubuntu Dapper
with GTK+ 2.8.  Is it the courtesy of some polish by the Ubuntu guys
or the GTK guys fixing a bug? :)

On 6/24/06, Olaf Leidinger <leidola newcon de> wrote:
> 1. For example I want to select file from /usr/bin. I type:
>    /u and '/usr' appears. As new user I type 'u' and then 's'
>    and get '/usr/src' instead of '/us'. OK, thats bad, but fixable.
>    I go back and remove all the line, starting over.

I can't reproduce this on ubuntu dapper (gtk 2.8.18 ). Typing /u /usr appears, but when typing s /us appears
here.