Re: GTK file open dialog usability...
- From: Olaf Leidinger <leidola newcon de>
- To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GTK file open dialog usability...
- Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:19:38 +0200
I will explain why I dislike new approach:
1. For example I want to select file from /usr/bin. I type:
/u and '/usr' appears. As new user I type 'u' and then 's'
and get '/usr/src' instead of '/us'. OK, thats bad, but fixable.
I go back and remove all the line, starting over.
I can't reproduce this on ubuntu dapper (gtk 2.8.18 ). Typing /u /usr appears, but when typing s /us appears
2. When I type '/u' 'b' and then 'ooc' I get '/usr/bin/oocalc2' finally
selected. But pressing enter returns error: '/usr/bin/ooc file not
Pressing return the currently proposed text is accepted, /usr/bin/oocalc2 in your example.
I have made a page with images to explain what I mean:
I get an error opening this url.
Anyone else finds file open dialog frustating? Any way I can get
old file dialog back?
Personally I like the new one. But the only thing I dislike is in gimp, when saving an image, starting to
type the proposed filename is overwritten.
] [Thread Prev