Re: Startup splash screen..

I use LyX a lot, and I like how they do their splash screen.  When the
application starts up, there is no file loaded into the main window, so a
splash screen sits there, as part of the "background" before a file is
opened.  When a file is opened it just pops over the dull grey background,
and over the little splash.  So it's not really a *window*, it's just a
static splash screen on top of the blank window background.

Obviously, this is only practical for some applications, and I don't know
what you're writing, but I thought it's cool, and worth mentioning.

-Nate